View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 08:17 PM   #9
mike16

Re: Q: Any issues just repairing 2 bed boards?

the fact that the old finish cracked is a factor in choosing to redo all the boards and what finish to use so you dont do a repeat performance down that road too. all the trouble your ever going to run into is going to happen removing just those two pieces of wood. for that effort and a litle more you could simply remove... and replace all that wood and make a wiser choice on finishes. keeping in mind that the current finish has failed and you dont want to do this again. the choice becomes simple. Linseed oil has been the choice for maybee 4 hundred years. it can be made to shine up like fancy finishes but with one major and significant atvantage. It can be maintained semi annually . other finishes only work once then they must be stripped and re applied. Thats why so many woodies never servived. and woodies got used in the real world, if your truck is a kind of show truck and its finish doesn't servive. the choice becomes even clearer. But. as I have found out. wood bed finish choices can be very emotional for some people.

I often consider what impact my choices, now, will make 50 years from now.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote