View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 11:33 PM   #250
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
Thanks for the explaination. I'm working on using an Arduino to control my air ride setup! It looks like I might switch to a raspberry pi though because I'd like to switch to Python now that things are getting complex... and auto headlights etc. are definitely on the radar after the air control is done.
Right on! Maybe we could do some code trading if you're up to it. Of course, I need to write some first. Are you switching to python b/c you're not familiar with the depths of C? In the arduino IDE, just make your own header file and include it and BAM! you've got the world of C open to you (until the compiler gets stuck). I find C much more realtime friendly and I can control memory way better with C if I need to. Or if you're running out of space in the Arduino (assuming you're using an Uno or similar?) the Teensy is an arduino conforming board but that's it. 32 bits, 96 MHz clock speed, tons of memory and I/O out the wazoo on a smaller form factor. The thing that amazes me is how fast the Teensy boots compared to my Uno. I have a simple test code for RGB pixels, and when I plug the Uno in to the USB it boots in about a second from once the USB makes initial contact. The Teensy boots and is running before I even get the USB fully plugged in. You could also check out the adafruit feather series boards as you can get wifi and bluetooth on those things. Seems you could replicate the Accuair e-level setup if you got sporty enough (and wanted to go that far). The boot time is the only thing I'd caution on the Pi. Even stripped down, the Pi still takes several seconds to boot. I digress ...

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote