View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #1374
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Glad to see you wrenching again.
Your remodel triggered a project (way smaller project) I've had on my mind for some time now.
The whole floor area of the shop is filled with Rubber Maid bins and other assorted car/truck parts from the upstairs in the shop. Steiner is buried.
The upstairs on the other hand is getting the business. Feels good to get on a long awaited project.
Had to let you know this build does have impact on other people.
Glad your heater is working..... Have had it with mine, furnace replacement bid guy coming on Wednesday.

Not having heat when you need it is a PITA. All my stuff breaks down when I'm on the road somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I'm sure you are enjoying that new heat source right now!
Yep! Minus 5 outside, 55 inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke1 View Post
BUUUUUDDDDDDDYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are both back!! hells ya. lets have arace. blazer vs tylers 58!!!
I won't race the build process. Once you get rolling on something I don't have a chance. But a road race? I pick the location. It probably won't be paved. Or even a 2 track. Or a game trail.

I upgraded the sound system in my lair.

Got a great deal on these discontinued, but new speakers direct from pol on their ebay site. Going full quadrophonic sound baby!!

Total overkill for garage speakers but they sound great and didn't cost a fortune. Now I need an upgrade on the receiver since this one blows out at anything higher than 45 on the volume dial.

It needs to be louder than the voices in my head

I did get the exhaust pulled out last night. I wasn't just goofing off out there the whole time...

Looking pretty clean under there...

I think I need a new impact wrench. My old free one is losing the ability to loosen the tough stuff, which is the only reason to have one. BTW, why is it called an impact "wrench" when there is nothing wrenchy about it? Those leaf spring hanger bolts are a bear to get loose.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote