View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 07:05 AM   #7
Killer Bee

Re: Need utility body help 1967-72. Truck I just picked up

^^^ possible if the utility body was built two years after the truck? vin breakdown may lead to that if it was sold with a bed?

http://www.royaltruckbody.com/about-royal

Quote:
CEO Dudley De Zonia started Royal Truck Body in 1971
that list above of common older companies like Reading 1955, Omaha Standard 1926, Knapheide 1848 [wow, 6th generation family owned!] is probably more likely for 60's era..

might be able to send some high quality pictures and dimensions to some of those older companies to see if they might be able to identify their own manufacturing.. or at least give you some clues regarding their construction and materials..

the latches may be house brand or others but components used like latches, strikers, hinges, door stops, props, etc. may lead to the utility body manufacturer..

I'm no help, we have everything from Pacific, Scelzi, Utilimaster, Altec, etc. and they all look the same and break the same to me, lol.. we just work out of them and fix them..

and with my experience ordering replacement doors even from modern production bodies hasn't been anything to brag about.. might be less painful just to have a local shop fab them for you..

the history would still be interesting to know but don't get your hopes up for ready spares or even for them to make replacements for a 50 year old body..

good luck!