View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #878
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
Yes, a good carb makes all the difference. Gave up gluing on our rearview mirrors years ago for the same reason. Paid some labor and supplied the windshield (way better deal and same glass) for Blue last summer. Glass shop was nice enough to install our mirror a month or two later for free since they had installed the glass. Thinking they get a better, stronger glue or something?
I've been driving the truck all week, about 34 miles +/- per day and so far the new carb is doing pretty well. Truck feels a little rough while idling at a light but hasn't died at all once warmed up. I think I do still need to do some more tweaking to the choke since it isn't going automatically into fast idle on 40 degree mornings.

I bought a different product called VersaChem online for the rearview. Seems to be holding better than the Permatex but I have to admit I did all the adjusting with the mirror in my hand (off the metal nub) before tightening up the set screw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Per the speedo cable all mine needed was some oil , just unhooked the ends and wrapped some tape and fool around the top to make a real small funnel then added a bit and let it draw down over night.
Gave your suggestion a try Mike. Still no bueno. I have also re-routed the speedo cable to what I think is more likely factory routing than what I originally did. The needle now holds fairly steady once I get up some speed, but is pretty jittery at low speed and I'm still hearing a lot of chatter in the dash. I'm wondering if the problem is my new aftermarket speedometer guage. I have read though that you are supposed to remove the metal line from the cable to lube and that there is a special type of lube - I haven't tried this yet.

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote