View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #2269
rustytruck50

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
And to add insult to injury, I still have no brake pedal. Bled the m/c till all the air bubbles were gone, then reverse bled the lines till no bubbles. Pedal goes all the way to the floor and won't pump up. So there still has to be a significant amount of air in it somewhere. The tool I'm using can force fluid thru the orifices in the m/c, so I may try that tomorrow... or gravity bleed, although I've never had much luck with that. One way or the other, I'll get 'er done.
That brake stuff is/can be unnecessarily frustrating. I fought that last summer with my '72. The m/c that the parts store swore up & down was correct turned out to be wrong. I couldn't get the brakes to bleed by gravity or with a hand vacuum pump. Once I looked it up myself on another parts store website & had them cross check the number, the problem was solved & reassured myself that I did remember how to do brakes! You may have been given the wrong master on yours to have it do the same thing....just a idea. I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

'05 RCSB Sierra 2WD
'71 Sierra 2WD Longbed
'98 Silverado K1500 Xcab...sold
'72 Highlander"Raymond"...sold
rustytruck50 is offline   Reply With Quote