View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:55 PM   #2279
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldironracing View Post
What kind of dual fan controller did you use and what are the covers on the gas and brake pedals ? I'm in the process of the LS3 in my truck. Just got the motor and trans last week.
Did you try to use the oil pan that come with motor?
I bought a Derale aluminum shroud and dual fan setup plus the integrated PWM control module #16796. It bolted right into the shroud after removing a small knockout panel. It's fully adjustable, rated at 65 amps and will accept a +12V feed from the trinary switch if you're running a/c. Online reviews are mixed, so you may want to do some research. My feeling is that high amp draw circuits need excellent connections to survive. Poor crimps or undersize wire can mimic other symptoms and make you think the box is bad when it's actually something much more basic. If it's really critical, I crimp and solder then cover with heat shrink tubing.

The pan I used is a GM 12631828 for a Cadillac CTS-V. My LS3 came with the 2010 Camaro pan which I chose not to modify. I did one for my bud, Chip, but it was a truck pan which has a sump that's too deep for our trucks, but sits far enough back to clear the X-member. I sectioned it about 2" but had to also modify the windage tray and the oil pickup. The kit I bought from Improved Racing included the pan, dipstick, windage tray and oil pickup tube. The windage tray is exactly the same as the one that comes with the Camaro pan so you don't really need it. But the the pickup and dipstick will make things a lot easier.

The pedal covers came with the 2015 Dodge Challenger I bought a few years ago. They were in a box in the trunk and I never installed them on it. Was looking for something to dress up the Caddy pedal that came with the GMPP harness and they fit after doing a little whittling.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote