View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 03:56 PM   #48
Devil Pup

Re: 1971 5.3/4L60E first time swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanhall19 View Post
I'm pretty sure I let it get over 210, i would have let it run longer, but steering box was leaking really bad at our return hard line. (ordered a new one from LMC lol). next video i put out will be much better.... it was past 10 at night and 36 degrees outside and i was quite cold..... I had to keep foot on gas to keep it running, so still needs a good tune, hopefully i can figure out if fans are being triggered during that too.
Lol im sure that was fun having fluid shoot everywhere after you just spent all that time getting everything clean ha. Depending how long you let it idle it prob wasn't warm enough for fans. the LS runs really cool. Mine this morning took a long time to warm to operating temp on my way to work and it was like 60 degrees this morning. once it does warm it'll stay right where it should be until im in a drive through or something sitting for minutes on end, than itll kick the fan on for a second and right back off. I'd bet if you only had it running under 5 minutes it wasn't to temp yet.