View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Jferrante

Project 66: LS and Frame on the Ground

Well I am back with my 3rd 60-66. Cant stay away. This time I am building what I always planned on doing previously; LS swap (well LQ4) and full step notch, dropmember and power steering and power disc brakes. Goal is laying frame.

The truck I bought is from the south and was an incomplete project that has 80% of what I would have been buying already so I really hit the jackpot. Very little to no rot, only small section of drivers floor but I am not concerned about that for now.

Originally was looking at a few trucks with 350s that I would have had to try to sell but ended up finding this one that has a 6.0 out of a 2003 pickup; so no aluminum block but I liked the idea of a 6.0 and it is an LS variant.

I wasnt planning on doing much to the motor but since it is coming out I think I am going to reseal it, get the injectors tested and maybe a few maintenance items - I am new to these engines so I am open on ideas on how to spend money wisely on it.

Here she is waiting to be loaded and then unloaded today at my house.. buddy and I had the bed, hood and front clip off in no time. Planning on pulling the cab this weekend and getting the motor out.

Last edited by Jferrante; 02-01-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Jferrante is offline   Reply With Quote