View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #31
71gmcC15

Re: Right blinkers work but only tail light blinker works on left

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
Ok. your marker lights on the side of the truck should NOT blink. They are fed with dark brown wire as is the tail lamp and the license plate lamp. DO NOT GROUND it. tape it up if not in use. Your rear harness is hacked just like mine was. Google the tail lamp circuit for a 1969 or so chevy and get a diagram that shows you the color wires you need for each side. Now go to your harness plug on the drivers side frame rail and un plug th rear light harness from it. Take a meter or test light with your lights on. the one that is hot all the time is your brown wire. Send it to each side on the taillights and markers(side) and stub it off at your plate lamp if you don't have one. Next turn on your left blinker. Find the terminal in your harness that passes power on cycle. That is your left. The green wire is your back up lamps and the other one, forgive me I am color blind, is your right blinker. It should cycle power in the plug too. If you are not cycling power in the rear plug with your blinker on, then the problem is in your flasher or column. If all goes well plug it bag in and you will have it, If not report back.
but he said they dont now im confused i now on 69 they did not and 68 they did not light up but on 71 i think they do. i dont know
04 chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab 5.3 4l60e.
81 chevy Scottsdale k10 muncie sm465 Np208 10 bolt 8.2 ( Old Green)
71gmcC15 is offline   Reply With Quote