View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 01:42 AM   #25
Apache'71

Re: MSD Atomic EFI on '79 K30 in Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by donw1986 View Post
I have this on my radiator support
Don,

I finally getting to this install. Got the '87 tank in with an '87 sending unit. Installed the MSD fuel pump in the tank and wired it up. Have the supply and return fuel lines loosely run and terminated at the tank. Have the MSD Power Module installed on the firewall and wires run and ready for final termination. Have the O2 bung installed and ready to received the O2 sensor. Still need to install the temp sensor.

I took off the carburetor today (should have done that a while ago, but wanted to delay it as long as possible so I could still drive the truck while utilizing the other stock tank and mechanical fuel pump) and found out I have the spread bore intake manifold instead of a square bore.

I plan on buying the Edelbrock 2696 adapter to rectify this. Did you have this same issue?

Also, does your truck have an EGR valve? If so, how did you maintain that with the new TBI throttle body? [See last picture] . If not, any ideas on how to maintain this for SMOG?

Thanks,

Eric
Attached Images

Apache'71 is offline   Reply With Quote