View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 03:31 PM   #7
saxart

Re: 12SI Alternator Install - Check my math!

VetteVet-
Thanks for the additional thoughts. This is great. I had actually contemplated updating that charging wire, but had already re-wrapped the loom across the radiator in elect tape so it didn't happen, but your post made me rip it all apart again. LOL (It's OK, it needed to be done the "RIGHT" way)

All of the help you guys have given is great, but now I have a couple more questions. I picked up a spool of 8ga wire as I will be running a dual electric (Ford Windstar) radiator fan set up, so that would be good to use as a new charging wire to handle the load.

How should I incorporate that larger charging wire into this junction which is located behind the driver's side headlight?

My thought was to just leave the original wire from the Alt to this junction running both of them off the main power stud on the back of the alternator. If that's the correct way, should the big (8ga) wire then run directly to the stud on the passenger fender? (I just removed it and dropped it into a cup of vinegar to clean up the rust)

...or should it run directly to the battery on the extra tag-wire shown here?

Thanks again for all of the help. This really is going to be nice to have it done correctly!