View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 10:59 PM   #53
Bennett68C10

Re: The Family Truckster- 66 Suburban Build

Haven’t updated in a while but I have been busy the last couple of weekends working on the Burb. Got the rear suspension all buttoned up. I added some Ridetech HQ shocks and changed direction on the rear brakes. I initially was going with the Captain Fab brackets and some Wilwood D52 calipers but I decided that I really should run a emergency brake so I sent the Wilwood calipers back and picked up a Wilwood Dynalite Rear Disc Conversion Kit with the internal parking brake. This kit also makes it easier to get the rear wheels on and off as the caliper mounts in the middle of the rotor instead of towards the top like the D52’s did. I’ll be listing the captain fab brackets and rotors in the for sale section. I also made a decision to not run the rear wheels with a spacer or adapter so I called up Travis at Pro Performance and ordered 2 new custom built polished TTII’s with the exact backspacing I needed. This was really the best option I had! I really like the way the TTII’s look on my burb and didn’t want to spend a ton of money at this time on a expensive set of billets that would only look marginally better! Just waiting for the wheels to show up now.

I also picked up a rear seat for the Burb from member richard2717. It’s a pretty nice seat out of a squarebody K5. It’s got the right brackets to easily mount it to the burb rear floor. It’ll eventually get recovered along with the original front seat.
Attached Images

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote