Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Clean solution well executed...nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberdare View Post
Vic:
Seems you're very much like me when it comes down to attention to detail... very clean solution you came up with.
Abe
Thanks, guys!

Well, I've encountered somewhat of a setback. Woke up about 3AM to the faint smell of 91 octane. Went downstairs to the shop and the fumes were stronger there. After a little detective work, I found a couple of small drips off the front edge of the tank. No puddles or anything, but still a problem. Went back to bed thinking I probably had a pinhole in one of the welds on the Boyd tank. My reasoning was that I had only put 12 gallons into a 19 gallon tank so it couldn't be from anything on top. Plus, I hadn't run the pump to purge and test the line integrity yet.

This morning I jacked the rear of the truck up for a closer look and found that, in fact, the leak is coming from around the submersible pump gasket. How that is possible I don't really know but the miserable truth is that I have to pull the bed back off the truck to fix the leak. Barely room to position the camera up there as it is. Tried looking with a light and inspection mirror, but was unable to get any decent access. Certainly no way to fit hands and tools up there to attempt to tighten the screws around the perimeter of the cover. Stay tuned....
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote