View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Time To Bend Some Tubing

Buy extra tubing! Be patient. Get a bender that does more than 90* bends, 180* is ideal. One reason to buy a more expensive bender is you can bend thicker tubing and most of them allow for a shorter distance between the tubing end and the start of the bend. I prefer the style pictured below for small lines like brake lines as the small head allows your bends to be closer to each other. (I have never tried the coil spring variety of benders) Find out how thick the wall thickness the bender will bend steel tubing, unless your doing stainless then you will have to step up as the cheap benders won't do it. I have found it difficult to make practice bends with coat hangers as it is a much smaller diameter. I prefer to use chunks of copper wire in the correct diameter. You can usually get wire drops from an electrical contractor for nothing. As far as material, nickel copper is the easiest to work with but, spendy compared to steel. I would avoid aluminum on your tranny lines as some transmissions can put over a hundred psi and that exceeds most aluminum line ratings. Flaring tools can be frustrating if the clamp won't stay put. Better quality, better clamping. Use oil on the mandrills when flaring and on the treads of the clamp wing nuts. Oh and be patient.

https://static.summitracing.com/glob...00501_w_ml.jpg

P.S. l like the tool box.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote