View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 07:20 PM   #2338
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Awesome!!! I’m super excited for you to get it fired up. I had a issue with my fuel tank leaking from my gas lines on the red truck , I switched to a “vented” gas cap and the issue never appeared again. I apparently had bought the wrong year gas cap. Some tanks have the vent lines and some have the cap that is vented.
Turns out, mine had neither... but it does now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
To answer your question on the fuel level sender the ecm doesn't look at that for fuel pump relay control. With key on it primes system and then shuts off until it is cranked over. Looks like your ready to fire that baby up !
Installing a newfangled LS engine has been quite the education for me, Jason, with more schooling on the way I reckon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Here I go away for a few days and all this happens! Great progress! Good luck on the fire-up!
Thanks Chip... video below.

Crusty fired up for the first time today. Everything went pretty well all things considered. I have some issues to address but that's to be expected. The temp probe that triggers the electric cooling fans is bad, but Derale is sending out a new one. Neither the tachometer nor the speedometer work, will have to get some tips from Classic Instruments tomorrow. And for some reason the check engine light on the dash is flickering when the engine is running. The MIL light in the relay box doesn't seem to doing that, but it's hard to tell because it's a lot smaller light. HF has a sale on a couple of their Zurich scan tools. May be time to invest in one.

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote