View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #2361
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
I modified a stock factory wire harness myself. The wire color was white. What year computer ecm does your kit have I can look at pin out ok gm site. I am a tech at gm dealer so I have access to schematics pin out etc.
The harness I'm using is the one supplied by GM for their Connect & Cruise crate setups. Mine is a 430HP LS3 and 4l65e Supermatic transmission. My understanding is that it's basically a 2010 Camaro setup with a harness modified to eliminate most non essential functions and work with a 19258270 controller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
I would think the wire that was labeled speed out on your harness would be the one to go to sn74
I agree and that's also what the tech at Classic Instruments said. But with it hooked up that way, when I place the trans in drive and let the tires rotate (on jackstands) the speedo is dead as a door nail. I don't think you should have to do any of the three calibration methods for the dial to at least indicate something... even it it's wrong. Do you recall if yours worked right out of the gate or did you calibrate to get it going?

BTW, thanks a ton for the help, Jason.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote