View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 11:36 PM   #2375
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKC View Post
Vic, my hearty congratulations on the first fire-up of CRLS! Been a long time coming, you should be proud. And the missus' is to be commended for what must've been an exorbitant amount of patience!

Can't wait to see it all finished up.

But now I just feel like such a slacker...
Thanks, I appreciate it, and you're right that I owe a lot to Kathy. I was lucky in that way as she has always supported the drag racing and endless parade of projects over the years. Can't tell you how many times I've stored parts in the breakfast nook or rebuilt four speeds on the living room floor in the various places we've lived and she's never griped even once. Not all guys are that fortunate.

Brief update: I checked the VSS sender on the tailshaft today and it seems to be working. The tech at GM Powertrain said it should read 1-3 VAC, but it actually read between 1 and 13VAC. It might have gone even higher if I'd upped the speed some more, but at that point, I knew it was putting out a measurable signal. So I'll have to move on to the harness and modules. The scope finally arrived, but it was in pieces. Took me a while to assemble it, only to find that it needed to be setup first so I had to take it back apart since there was no provision in the case to access the calibration capacitors. Plus, I only had 6VDC power supplies and it needs 9V, so I have to make a parts run in the morning. Hopefully it won't take long to isolate the problem now that I have a double throwdown test gizmo.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote