View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:44 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Re: Was there a COE version of the 67-72's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballencd View Post
I have to say I totally missed the mis-matched power lines in the background but still like the idea. I'm interested to know your thoughts on why it couldn't be done? Difficult maybe, but impossible? Yes, it would look a lot like a standard van but not as tall and way cooler and with 4 doors and barn doors on the back. Making the a/c work might be hard. Making the front windows work might be harder. The rest of it would just be a challenge.
Look at that ford. Look where the driveshaft goes. How could that door work? How does the engine fit in there and where would you sit? Look at all COEs. The cab is raised up high for a reason. Look at GM's last ones and you will see why they are built the way they are. The only low down cabs are the ones that put the driver out in front of the engine and front axle
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote