View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 12:57 AM   #56
1969 GMC

Quote:
Originally posted by 9footfan
that c-30 wrecker looks like a 68 custom. it looks suspicious though because the paint scheme looks wrong to me. the cab pillars look white not red like the rest of the body. i thought the pillars were painted body color for 67-68s w/white roofs. the cowl badge looks like 67-68 style and the custom emblem is in the correct location high on the driverside door. looks like a 68 custom. the dual rear wheels are throwing me off though. longhorn man is probably right--chassis and cab with bed added later. the incorrect paint scheme was my clue. unless its a wacky factory truck(very unlikely). i do want it though!
IIRC, only 67 had the white roof and body color windshield pillars. 68 was like all the other years, with white pillars. the badge on the upper door could also be a CST badge, the two emblems went in the same location and we'd have to get a closeup to check.
This truck has been posted on here before, If you look at it from the front (which you will be able to do as soon as the auction is up i'm sure), then you can see that the steps flare out and are different than regular 9ft steps, so it kinda looks factory. of course, it could be aftermarket. but if it was a factory one-off, I would still believe it, as automakers did some crazy stuff back in the day.

Also, one oddity I would like to see is a CST/30. CST/10's are fairly common, CST/20's are pretty rare, but i have never seen a CST/30.
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote