View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #371
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue666(2) View Post
Do you have an estimate of how much anti squat gain is made by flipping trailing arm mount brackets? For the costs of grade 8 bolts and a few grinder discs, that could be one of the best low cost suspension upgrades ever.

I love that your truck is ready to get down & dirty on the road & no worries about perfect paint/chrome. Great truck & build thread.
Thanks man, I appreciate it! I'm not sure on actual numbers but it really helped my corner exit traction. Definitely a great low cost upgrade!

My first autocross of the year was last weekend, I loaded the truck on the trailer without rear rotors on it, got those by lunch on Friday, headed South to my buddy's house in Eugene, installed the rotors and bled the brakes Friday night. Saturday, showed up and immediately failed tech due to my wheel studs being too short. I was bummed but there was a Firestone right next to the track that helped me out to get everything together and able to run with my group . I did terrible on Saturday, the truck was pushing really bad and I was having a hard time figuring it out. I almost didn't go back on Sunday but at the last minute decided to go and increase the rear tire pressure to see if that would help. It did and minus the long waiting time to get to run, I had a really good time. I got my cousin to take a break from homework and ride with me for a couple laps, he had a great time! I'm pleased with the old girl but it needs some more work before I'm happy with it again