View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #19
andyh1956

Re: Anyone use a whole floor panel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchecharlie View Post
thats me too! i allways say "how hard can it be?"

then i get ms a@# kicked lol!

funny how we all brace the poop out of everything. that 49 of mine was a maze of bracing and it still was floopsy moopsy when i cut the roof off.
so...when i asked my buddy how he wanted me to brace it for him he said dont do any! he said he braced and welded the doors on the 55 for the floor and it was a nightmare for him? ended up cutting it all free and doing it
I think hes crazy!
said he would lift the cab off the frame
fit the new floor on the frame
lower the cab over the new floor about 6 inches high fit the doors
cut out the old floor out and start fitting?
i told him it was not how everyone else did it and that the truck was going to lose its shape and he was going to get his a#$ kicked and have to find me a new cab all for no pay! he said that he didnt think trucks moved enough for the trouble
i think hes crazed and that its going to remind him how bad he wants to retire and how his son is right and just wants to do collision insurance work.
well see, floors in the mail. i personally think its fun to do over the top stuff and apreciate the hard work your doing to your cab!!!!
This is xactly how we did a 57 Chevy. Lifted body off frame w/ a two post lift, rolled chassis out, cut old floor out, set new floor on chassis, roll under body & let it down & start welding. Didn't brace anything. Doors still shut better than ever.
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote