View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 06:27 AM   #214
Jaysonb

Re: Dad's 1979 GMC Heavy Half Transformation

It's been awhile since I have updated on my progress. The last time I test fit everything, the passenger side just seemed a little off all the way around, so I have had to spend some time reworking the front of the rocker/door hinge piller area. At some point this area was pushed in a little, and it took me awhile to track down the area that was causing me trouble, because there was no obvious damage anywhere. I was running out of adjustment in the door hinges, and was barely able to get the body line on the door to match up with the body line on the cab. So I had to take a step back and figure out what was going on! Once the bottom of the hinge piller was pushed back out about an inch, it put the door hinges right in the middle of the adjustment range, and made things fit better overall! I did have to cut the front half of the rocker loose, and get it lined back up with everything, but it all fits good now. Now I'm getting after sanding the cab, it is in slick sand now, and I have the first round of block sanding about done. Pic 1 shows how things line up after getting everything straightened out. Pic 2 shows how far I had to come down after I pushed the piller out an inch. I had the paint mixed up, looks good! I'm hoping the pace will pick up now that I have things fitting good!
Attached Images

Jaysonb is offline   Reply With Quote