View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 09:34 AM   #845
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

A few weeks ago I had a very short trip to Phoenix. I spent about half a work day with one of the guys I supervise and made the most I could of the rest of the time I had. Since I've never been there before and I don't really do much pre-planning I kinda wing it. First I wanted to meet a fellow board member so upon waking to a tequila sunrise I hit the road.

And ended up here...

And met Dino and one of the many cats...

We talked for a while and he showed me around the shop in back.

He was very busy but generous with his time for an unannounced stranger. They were preparing for the lonestar throwdown in TX so the trucks and stuff were already gone. We talked about his get together in November and I'm thinking about heading back for that. Great guy.

Saw this one a couple blocks from his shop...

From there I went to So-Cal Speed Shop. There were a couple things in the parking lot worth looking at...

And around the back they have vehicles and other parts for sale...

Inside it's a full on parts supplier for actual performance parts. We just don't have much of that around here. I browsed the store, asked some questions about some of the EFI kits they have for use on an LS rather than adapting the factory stuff and they were very helpful. Even though I only bought a T-shirt.

Oh, here's my rental. I love the National emerald program. Just make a reservation for the cheapest car they have, get dropped off at the lot and pick any vehicle in the emerald section. All the same price, no stops at the counter and the program is free.

The next place to try a visit was to Fesler Built. Another board supporter or member here I believe. This camaro was in the lot. I dig it.

I didn't get a lot of pics unfortunately because I was gabbing too much, but the shop tour was good. It's not a big place but they are making some nice parts there. Flush fit glass for trucks and muscle cars is something they are doing a lot of right now. They make billet hinges and other aluminum parts too. Wheels are designed here but machined at another shop. Nice stuff.

In the shop they had a few projects going on. The camaro was one they did years ago for the original owner, who sold it recently to a guy that wanted some more work done to it so he brought it back to them for the work, since they were familiar with the car already.

This one I regret not taking more pics of. It'll be on the show circuit I'm sure. A Rolls Royce silver cloud I think with an LS3 swap and basically a new car under the body. Pretty bad ass...

It's getting to be time to meet up with my inspector so back on the road. Just on this brief trip down the interstate I saw some cool cars just out being used. I love seeing these out in the world as intended. I think this is a mid 50's porsche, but I'm not sure. Could be newer. Not like they have changed a lot over the years.

And a nice corvette...

And this little beauty. A 66 Nova I believe...

And an exotic too. First time I've seen one of these. It's a BMW i8.

Here's a better look of it> I know my pic doesn't show much but it looked awesome passing me.

That's about all I got from that trip. I had time to stop at a 4x4 shop after this which wasn't especially noteworthy and got dinner at a place called The Duce, which was on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I got sliders and I gotta recommend the short rib slider. But they were all good. Then back on the plane and home to this...
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote