Thread: Yard art
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 05:54 AM   #72
special-K
Special Order

Re: Yard art

I need to go see Brodie! There was a garage in an old town near here that was pasted with old license plates for siding. Foe some odd reason they took them all down. These had been painted over time and again with that silver roof coating, so it wasn't to sell them I'd think. No new siding in their place, and the ones along the gable line are still there because the soffit went over the corner.

My little barn needs a new roof for sure. I have a t&g cedar ceiling upstairs and I have squirrels getting in. One morning after a heavy rain I notice a 3" hole through the shakes where one of those S.O.B. gnawed out a new door! All that rain was running right in there. That's when I grabbed an old tag and shoved it in. But I noticed other spots they had gnawed, so grabbed more as well as scraps of aluminum coil stock. Can't do the roof yet (at least not the other side) because a huge Maple is grown into the building. The tree is too huge to take on, so either I move the building over or tear it down to build the garage I really need. It's a catch 22, moving is cheap but I want the garage I have no money to build. Holding out for the garage, might have to move the building first, then build the garage, then just connect the two since the garage site is beside it. Long story, but that is why my repairs are so temporary... not that I'm not proud of them
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote