View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #7
shortstep60

Re: ISO: big back window conversion

When you take your BBW section out on the opposite side of the BBW section grind or use a spot weld cutter. When I do them I take my grinder and grind each spot weld and pop the lose. Yes it takes some time but when you get your BBW section out you will see all the factory spot welds. Before you put the section in drill two holes on the inside of the dome light on each side. You can not get a drill on the inside of the dome light so mark your two holes when you dry fit your panel take it back out and drill the two holes. When you put it back in get you some self tapping screws and put them in the two holes and that will pull the top together. Some times it will take three the four times taking the panel out before it fits good. Once you got your panel fitting good take you some self tapping screws around six and screw your panel in this will get you panel located. Take it back out when you put it in for the last take some masking tape and tape off the BBW section and around the section for the glue does not get on you panel. I will only use 3M panel glue 08115 If anyone needs some help pm me and I will help you out plus you will need a lot of clamps to hold it together
shortstep60 is offline   Reply With Quote