View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #12
richards72chevy

Re: Drive shaft width?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPup1977 View Post
So let’s get this straight, you have a driveshaft from another vehicle and the only issue is with the U joint that fits into diff. Correct ? Length is good, And you want to change both U Joints. The U Joint up at the yoke that slides into the transmission has a “normal” U Joint which u can get based on the vehicle it came from. Take the differential U Joint flange off and take the Old U Joint with you to NAPA know How. They have a combination U Joint that will fit your driveshaft. No need to change the yoke. How many different size yokes do you think will fit plus a U Joint is much cheaper than a yoke.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes I'm sure the ujoints should be the only issue napa has what I need for the front now I need to remove the old ujoint from the 66 drive shaft and get it for rear end.I mocked the nova drive shaft and the yoke I'm using in 66 and it looks looks I should have about half inch to one inch of play in there should that be enough play? I notice that there is a ton different yokes on Chevrolets I want to use the one that came with the 83 transmission.
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote