Thread: 2010 dash swap
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 04:03 PM   #5
kipps

Re: 2010 dash swap

LH-Leadfoot, so a careful reading of your post indicates the PCM does send data directly to the cluster. Is this basically a one-wire hookup, like it seems like it should be?

What "wakes up" the cluster? An ignition 12v? The PCM? The BCM? If it's the BCM, I might be screwed.

You indicate that the BCM also sends data to the cluster. I'm thinking that I don't want any of that data. I'm not using keyless entry, power locks, mirrors, radio, AC, etc, etc. Can I simply leave the BCM out of the equation altogether? All I want is to connect the cluster to the PCM and get the basic gauges functioning(odometer, speedo, tach, oil, temp, fuel, volts). A few other cluster functions would be nice, but not critical.

I cannot find a pinout diagram anywhere for the cluster. Any ideas? I have not demolished the dash in the donor yet, so I could still reverse-engineer the harness.

I'm aware that using the new cluster would necessitate using the fuel pump module and the fuel system control module to send proper fuel level data to the PCM.
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote