View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #8
Overdriven

Re: Adding paddle shifters??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MfBox View Post
i have an LS swap and a 4l80 does anyone make a kit to add paddle shifters to that kind of setup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MfBox View Post
If I don't have those inputs right now how hard is that to change over?
The paddle shift kits on the market are designed for standalone transmission controllers. If you have an MSD trans controller, use their paddle shift kit, etc. But it’s possible that one of the companies out there has figured out a way to add it to a trans controlled by a stock ecu.

If you have the LS ecu controlling the trans it’s harder to add paddle shift. I know of some vans that have a “+” and “-“ button on the column shifter for manual shifting. But both of the vans I saw that in were 6spd trans and those 6spd trans are not really controlled by the LS ecu, they have a computer in the trans and connect to the LS ecu for data on stuff like throttle position, rpm, etc.

If the shifter with + and - was available for 4l80 equipped vehicles then adding paddle shifters wouldn’t be too hard. You’d just need to know which pins were for the + and -, and correctly connect them to paddle shifters. Then you’d probably have to flash the ecu with the operating system for the vehicle with that style of shifter to get it to work.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote