View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
rvrfoot

Re: 68 C10 Front Drop Not Dropped 😃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman4ever View Post
Hey All, new to the forum. I'm looking for some help regarding lowering the front end of my 68 C10 pickup. It currently has a 250 inline 6. I purchased a CPP front big disc conversion kit, with 2 inch drop spindles, and a 1 inch drop coil spring. The stock ride height from ground to Fender lip was approximately 31 in. After the installation of the spindles and coils, I dropped it off the track jack stands and it now sits just under 30 in. So a net 1 inch drop when it should have been closer to 3. One thing I thought of, was that CPP did not ask me which engine I was running. I read that the six cylinder, 250, weighs approximately 440 lb. The big block that I'm installing, is closer to 600 pounds. Is it possible that they gave me big block Springs, and that's why it's Ridng high currently? PS This has not been on the road yet to settle in, which may be another Factor, not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
You can get on the internet for cpp. Look up the part number for what you got. Then see the part number for the one you need. That will tell you.
rvrfoot is offline   Reply With Quote