View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
lbsands

Checking in from Pembroke Pines, FL

Greetings everyone.

I recently purchased a 1983 Chevrolet C10 short bed (Scottsdale). According to the VIN decoder from the LMC truck catalog, the motor is/was a 305 V8. The previous owner modified some things, including adding an Edelbrock carburetor. The truck has functional A/C and is overall in pretty good condition.

I've since removed the bench seat, carpet, underlayment, dash cover, and other interior components, mainly to find and repair a water leak that appears to be coming from the cowel drain thingy that I've read several posts on already.

From there, I plan on making the interior structurally sound (and safe) and updating things like the radio, speakers, gauges, bezel, dash cover, steering wheel, miscellaneous knobs/handles, seat belts, maybe the seat and possibly the glass.

As far as the exterior, I plan to change the grille, replace the tailgate handle, upgrade the wheels and tires, repaint (undecided about chrome trim), and decide what to do with the engine.

Looking forward to learning a lot on here (hopefully with success from the search tool) and making this truck everything I want it to be.

lbsands is offline   Reply With Quote