View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #499
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Elwood" the 77_remix

When the decision was made to update Elwood, I talked with Mike Losh from Slosh Tubz about using the 73-87 smooth Mild Tubz . I expressed my desire to shave the firewall of the factory a/c system. My concern was having to weld a panel in to complete the look. Mike said he had discussed a "bolt in" option with Mike R and Gary at Restomod Air.

I contacted Mike R and we shared thought about how to achieve his idea of a clean firewall filler panel that could be bolted in. A plan was formulated and Elwood would be the test truck.

Our goal was create a panel that would cover the passenger side firewall where the factory air (or heat) components were located. We wanted a panel that gave you the options of being installed with small bolts, glued with panel bond, or welded. The panel would include bead rolls to compliment the fender filler panels from Slosh Tubz.

The plan was to have a display made for all to see at C10s in the Park last year. Unfortunately deadlines came and went and the task was not accomplished by the intended debut of Elwood at the Lonestar Throwdown this year.

I'll not try to make any excuses, simply state that sometimes life gets in the way of good intentions. Regardless, I will honor my commitment and get this task accomplished. Thanks to Mike R and Gary at Restomod Air, for their patience. Thanks to Mike Losh with Slosh Tubz for always being there when I need him.

Follow along as Chris and I document the install.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote