View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #12
1968 baby blue C10

Re: Are the split marker lights factory or aftermarket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
My 69 CST had the standard non-lighted markers when I bought it in 1969. I later noticed that other 1969 CSTs had them along with some other items (headliner, cargo light and a couple other things). I contacted Chevrolet and asked why. Their response was that my truck was produced the second week of December and that these items were added about a week after my truck was made. I believe that may also have been when lights were required in the markers (before Jan. 1, 1969?).

Based on this, I'd say the deluxe markers were added on the top trim line during Dec., 1968, and the top 2 trim lines in 1971.
Wow that is very interesting. There were so many mid year changes on these trucks it’s mind boggling. The first hand accounts are exactly what I was lookin for, thanks for the info.
"Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have." -Thomas Hildern
1968 baby blue C10 is offline   Reply With Quote