View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #65
darrellyates

Re: RetroSound kickpanel speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint_9 View Post
Keep us updated and post pictures of the install. Ive been contemplating either getting these or making a custom pair so any info is helpful. Thanks.
I used the kick panel blanks, got them from Crutchfield. I mounted 6 3/4 inch Kicker 2 way speakers, 100 watts RMS in them. I had to use a 1/2 inch spacer. Emergency Brake still clears (but it is close). I lined the back of the kick panel with NVX sound deadener (like dynamat only less expensive). I put a 12 inch Pioneer Shallow mount in a custom box where the gas tank used to be. I then made side panels for behind the door pillars, and mounted 5 1/2 inch 2-way Polk speakers there, just for a little "fill" sound.

I'm running a NVX 900.1 amp. It's 75 watts x 4 at 4 ohms, and 250 x 1 for the sub, also at 4 ohms. I buried the amp under the console, with enough clearance for air circulation.

Good enough for me. Only modification is I had to move the dimmer switch to the right. I just put the "left" hole of the switch in the "right" hole on the floor and drilled another hole. I used a nut on the back of the new bolt/in the new hole.

Everything works, and it sounds pretty good. Good enough for an old guy anyway. Will post up a pix of interior. You can see the speaker in the kick panel. Am going to remove, and cover the panel with vinyl that matches the door panel, but want to drive it some first...
Attached Images

darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote