View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
jkohnz

Talking My AWD Build Thread

HI! I'm new to the forums, and will be looking to find a 67-72 GMC short bed, fleetside C10. I already have a lot of plans for it, and have been browsing these forums for a few weeks now before registering. I've seen some impressive builds here!

My current plans are using a 2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD chassis that I picked up pretty cheap on Craigslist locally. It came with everything but wiring, for the most part (pic to be attached later). I actually hadn't planned on building anything just yet, but happened to see this while looking for something else lol.

I've seen a few builds on here using Suburbans and Tahoes. I want to use the 6.0L + 4L60E that comes in these, but don't have them yet. I would rather not modify the NP149 transfer case if at all possible. Eventual plan is twin aft turbos, lowered 2" front, 3" rear on the chassis, and have a "hotrod" sport truck to tool around in. It's going to be a very slow process for me while I do research and make room for the project.

My first step is cleaning up, media blasting, and prepping the chassis. Then, once I'm caught up with all that, I'll be looking for a donor vehicle for the engine, trans, wiring, maybe even the floor and firewall.

Last edited by jkohnz; 04-27-2018 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Changed to appropriate title/board
jkohnz is offline   Reply With Quote