View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 12:31 AM   #23
Ghost's68

Re: And so it begins! Ghost's 68 project

Since the last update the truck has come a long way.

Brakes: Redid the whole entire brake lines with 3/16SS with AN fittings.

Engine: Swapped the old 5.3 out with a LS3 from a 5th gen Camaro. Did ported heads, custom Pat G cam, springs, ported 102 intake, ported NW 102 TB, sent out stock injectors to be flow tested, headers I purchased Kooks TBSS long tubes. Waiting on those to install. Went with CPP engine stands running DD sliders, painted my timing cover, valve covers, and valley cover wrinkle black that closely matches the 102 lid. Fast fuel rails. Ported LS6 oil pump, Sac city Corvette oil barbell. BTR .660 dual valve springs. Tossed the stock rocker needle bearings and upgraded to Straub bronze bushings. manton 11/32 PR. New LS7 lifters with new trays as well. Switched from the single bolt cam to the 3 bolt style cam gear with the LS2 style tensioner. ATI SuperDamper crank pulley, with with the 10% UD. ARP crank pulley bolt.

Transmission: went with a Jake’s performance stage 2 4l80E with their triple disc 3200 billet converotor. Mates to the motor via ICT SFI rated flex plate. Running a transmission fluid bypass valve with a Derale hyper cool trans fluid cooler.

Radiator: Ordered up an Entropy LS swap radiator with dual fans running their standalone controller. Replaced the rusted radiator support with a new one from brothers.

Wiring: Got a new vintage wiring standalone harness for the engine. Also cleaned up all the unused engine bay wiring no longer needed.

Fuel tank: Will be dropping in the new Boyd’s under bed EFI tank with built in Aeromotive stealth pump. Will be using fuel hose with all new AN fittings. Running the corvette FPR.

Driveline: ordered up a new PST aluminum one piece shaft running a strange trans / pinion yokes. All 1350 series spicer solid U-Joints.

Rearend: Ford 9” rear end, 28spline axles, all new seals, bearings shims, running a Trutrac with motive 3:70 gears.

Exhaust: still not there since I’m stil working on getting everything else together. Maybe MF ATAKS.

I’ll try and update this more often. Sorry I haven’t been posting much. Just had a baby recently and have been investing a lot of time with the family.

Last edited by Ghost's68; 04-29-2018 at 01:31 AM.
Ghost's68 is offline   Reply With Quote