View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 07:15 PM   #15
Rich69shortfleet

Re: If my truck has a temp gauge does the temp light function?

I confirmed that the existing blue wire for what would be an oil pressure switch exists in the engine compartment harness, but terminates at the firewall bulkhead. There is no wire connected to it at the fuse panel. So, I added a wire so I can have that signal under the dash. I confirmed that the wire has continuity from the plug at the back of the engine to the wire I now have under the dash. I have an oil pressure switch I plan to add to the T fitting I have at the back of the block (I currently have a factory oil pressure gauge and and aftermarket oil pressure gauge, the oil pressure switch will replace the aftermarket gauge line since that extra gauge is an extraneous duplicate since I added factory gauges).

Now what I need to do is to run my new oil pressure switch to the cluster plug at the empty location 5. I can't see an easy way to add a wire here and have it make good contact with the printed circuit.

Does anyone have a hacked up cluster harness from which you could salvage one of the spring clips with some length of wire still attached for me? I do not have a spare harness, I sold my non-gauge harness with my non-gauge cluster. I really just need one clip in good condition with enough wire to splice into the wire I've already run from the engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rich69shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote