View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
jocko

C10 Nats pics - Fort Worth

Nice day for a truck show at TX Motor Speedway. Not much for sale and the swap meet was a total bust - but the trucks in the show were pretty nice. I did happen to notice that patina is still "in"... and it is still pretty easy to tell the fake patina from the real patina. One truck looked as thought the owner basically put on a blindfold and took a grinder to the whole body. No picture, wouldn't want to be negative But by and large, most of the stuff was pretty nice. Some of the highlights posted below - will take a few posts to get em all in. It truly was the C"10" Nationals - I can count on one hand the number of 3/4 tons I saw.

Neat backstory on this first one - it's is indeed a 70 Special Paint truck that was ordered new with Rally Green (a Camaro color). It lived as a farm truck and the owner got it from his dad who had it since almost new. You can see it was born as a long-fleet, but has since been converted to a short-stepper, but the original special paint color was repainted when redone. Was fun to chat with some of the great folks out there - this particular gent even sent me a pic of the truck before it was redone (pic 2).

The highlander was indeed a very original truck, enjoyed chatting with the owner on that one. It was a Pkg C Highlander.

Anyway, enjoy!
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 05-05-2018 at 04:49 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote