View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 02:37 AM   #202
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

busy with real job stuff, not a lot of progress which is frustrating because there isnt a lot left to do.

got the rear brakes bled finally. sucked on em with the harbor frieght vacuum bleeder forever, finally it took the old trick of the length of hose submerged in a bottle before getting good squirts. glad thats over.

after being so blasted by the "every little thing leads to a big thing" on these last two 41s, I decided to sell the last 41 cab on. that truck doesnt quite have all the parts to finish a third and the parts that are missing are expensive. actually, all 41 parts have a certain intrinsic high cost, so I have been peeling stuff off to sell on, one high value item is the windshield regulator. this 41 Hannah had a regulator that needed some help to open and shut but it should be fine. well after removing the dash from the last parts truck and lubing it up, this one works PERFECTLY. so the half working one is for sale haha.

regulator by Joe Doh, on Flickr

woop woop!

beat the windshield rubber on finally. what a giant pain in the poker.

IMG_9636 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9637 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

grunted the bed on solo. my wife helped last time and while it was great doing all the lifting and holding while she pushed the wrong direction under my... direction, I decided it couldnt be worse doing it alone. you can see the gas cap broke because the installer was too dumb to remove it before installing the bed

where is the forklift? tomorrow. tomorrow. the authorized seller was in training and then vacation. tomorrow should be the day though

IMG_9523 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

fenders permanently mounted, 4 bolts per fender, one more than stock!

IMG_9541 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9543 by Joe Doh, on Flickr.

dealing with the farmer repair on the bedside, had to notch his brackets to get the tailgate to fit, which is why it was out of place in the first... place.

IMG_9576 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9574 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

here is the dirt that fell out of the tailgate while beating on it.

IMG_9572 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

finished up the mounts I made for larry. nice guy, has a ton of parts!

IMG_9571 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

guy who had me pull the cab apart because he was buying it, shined me. nice.

not a ton left to do here though, running, moving, stopping, cooling, steering, and darn near water tight. ok maybe not water tight. maybe more like water resistant. hmm, maybe not that either. whats that thing you strain spaghetti with? a colander. this truck is a water colander, should allow rain and puddles in liberally

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote