View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #37
thedudeabides86

Re: Hello, Garage fresh 68 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes68C10 View Post
Hi,
I'm Mike, Gearhead, musclecar enthusiast, who drag races his 98 Camaro SS every other weekend or so... but enough about me...

Here is a couple pictures of my just bought 1968 C10 Long Bed (wooden floor) pickup. Been sitting in a coworkers garage for the last 15 years... So it was loaded on a flatbed and brought to my local garage to go over everything, freshen all fluids, gas tank flushed, complete tune-up, brakes checked and good general going over to get her road ready once again in the next week or two.

Paint is a repaint done by the original owner back in the early 80's. has had a dual exhaust added by previous owner, and now shows 118k miles being racked up on the 327-4bbl, Auto, 12-bolt.

Interior will need some TLC, new seat cover, dash pad, rubber floor mat...

Body appear solid, with minor rock chips along fender edges/bottoms showing a tiny bit of surface rust. Solid truck all around.

I prefer the sleeper look, so don't take offense If I say "No" to adding 20's, or lowering it 5" or adding chrome... Do plan for a "standard" rear bumper to drop off the big azz step bumper.

Open to comments, ideas, watch-out-fors, etc...

Mike
Welcome to the board! Happy to see another 505 green truck guy out there. Mine's a '72 C20. Grandpa's old farm truck. I love it and it's a constant job working on it. Wouldn't have it any other way!
Attached Images