View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #162
z71se

Re: Ridetech 4-Link Coil-Over Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_67C10 View Post
Amen brotha. Another thing that comes to mind is the fact that a lot of these big builds get "sponsored" high budget parts for advertisement at SEMA and various trade n custom shows... once those vehicles serve their purpose, they get sold for mega bucks to be parked in some rich guys garage. Yet guys like us who want and would use these awesome products to take our rides to the next level cant afford to or choose not to drop 6Gs for stuff we can make ourselves. Might not be as good but, thats 6Gs I can apply to other things. I can see the coil overs being pricey and the cost of the a-arms but the rest is bracketry that is made on/by machines, not a custom fabricator (aka a hard working American making a living) yet - its "made in America" --- okay, I am done with my soap box. Sorry... the reality is just painful. I love building my cars/trucks but will never be able to achieve the level I am capable of, thats all!
Frank, if you ever have a chance, you'll know just how expensive it is to run a business in America. It's not just a machine making parts, it's a guy manning a machine, who needs fair wages, health insurance, workman's comp, business insurance so you don't get sued. Want to keep that employee so he doesn't run off to the next guy? Might need to offer him a 401K and paid time off. Then the powdercoating for all these parts is also done in America, and all those same expenses get applied to the powdercoating.

Vehicle modification is never meant to be a budget hobby. We've got fly fishing and hunting for that! Once you rip into a car and do anything other than basic repairs, the cost goes through the roof. And if you want to use quality parts, the price goes even even higher! Try messing with Corvette's or any other platform besides Chevy trucks and you'll soon realize that these parts are fairly priced.