View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
AlexBC

71 C10 with Ford F-100 9in swap

From my googling I don't see this done very often; putting the wider 65" truck 9" into a c10. I'm just wondering why? The width is a much closer match to the front track width than the 62" swaps which seem to be much more common.

I just did a 2.5 CPP spindle drop with 2" drop coils in the front and a 5" drop in the rear. I was pretty sad with how far under the truck the rear wheels were. I had the ford diff kicking around and my buddy at the wreckers gave me a nodular 3rd member 31 spline with a factory posi from a Boss 429. So I figured why not swap it, have a posi and correct the track width.

I added a picture mocking it up just to see if the driveshaft will clear with the offset pinion, and yes I know the track bar bracket is upside down.

I just wanted to ask why isn't the truck 9" a more common swap? Why does everyone go for the narrow housings? Thanks

Cost wise the plan is to toss a pair of speedway cut to fit axles in it with 5x5 pattern and do a weld on disc brake kit using the 78+ Metric calipers.
Attached Images

AlexBC is offline   Reply With Quote