View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #65
made2drag

Re: Calling all 700R4 Experts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister.freeze View Post
I was looking at a YOUTUBE video for an automatic lockup using a pressure switch. The location of the switch is also where I would hook up such a gauge. Unfortunately, my case does not have that port...
If you or anyone is looking into a lockup kit....

I hooked up a lockup kit I bought for $40 off ebay. Superior K013 99411 kit. Run 12v from your fusebox (switched power) to a toggle switch, then from toggle switch to one side of pressure switch you screw into side of trans, then the other side of switch goes to pin "A" and pin "d" goes to frame ground. You can leave it on all the time or toggle it on and off. The 12 volts waiting at one side of the pressure switch connects the path to pin "a" when the 4th gear pressure triggers the connection and when 4th gear pressure falls lower than that pressure it disengages by itself. I can be in 4th and turn toggle off and on and watch my tach drop or rise 200 rpms. It feels like a 5th gear when it engages and there is a 2 sec delay. Very gentle too.

I have seen advertised that the governor cover can be drilled and tapped to screw the pressure switch in but do your research and make sure first. The kit is really easy and straight forward to install.
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote