View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 06:58 PM   #66
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Ive been trying to get all the A/C parts finished up and installed so that the engine compartment can be done for the most part. I needed to get the condenser ordered and installed so the front end can come together. I just ended up with a Spectra from partsgeek for like $80. It was a bit beat up but the price was right.

If you happened to have seen my post on the main board you'd see the trouble Ive been having. The issue seems to be when using late 70's condenser and lines with a early mid 80's evap and dryer setup. Its mostly figured out, I hope.

Condenser installed after making a couple new brackets.

I finally found these 2 pipes on Ebay I was after that go between the condenser and the A/C hose off the compressor and liquid line. I cleaned and painted them.

I had to bend the line coming out of the evap so the new accumulator would sit correctly. I still need to make a bracket to hold it and the line but it should work fine. I need to order a new LP switch as the one I have does not seem to be correct.

Today I fought pretty heavy with the liquid line. It didn't fit with the crossover pipe. The hardline was too short coming over top of the radiator. I eventually just ended up beind it "straight" and rebending the 90*. I dont love it but it works now.

Everything is pretty put together now. I need a couple orings and another switch of some sort to plug an opening on the liquid line.

I can now start putting some of the front end together once I get some parts painted.

Does anyone know what type of hardware is used to mount this hood adjuster to the core support?