View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 12:11 AM   #104
cornerstone

Re: The Patina Machina

Unless you signed the paper that says you decline uninsured motorist coverage, all policies have to have it offered to you the way I understand it... In Texas anyways. Make the claim. You can substantiate the real value of your truck with ease, lots and lots of these trucks have documented value so dont let the insurance company work you over. Man I hope it works out to your advantage. It may not seem like its possible at this point but make the call and make them show you the paper you signed if they say you did. My best friends daughter was hit, ins. co. said she didn't have the uninsured motorist coverage, she asked to see the allegedly signed paper and they could not produce it. They paid the entire claim. I am going through it now too, my box truck was hit last night (3 AM) in front of my business, and of course the drunk ass driver didnt have ins. Its actually better to file the claim under the uninsured motorists than under the comprehensive portion of your policy. The ins. co. cant raise your rate because of the claim AND it's a lower deductible. I hope you get a big fat check because of someones inexcusable behavior. You have blood, sweat and how may hours? in that truck. Its a damn shame.

Maybe I should be an insurance salesman.....
Brian
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote