View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #317
a1vintage69

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

A friend on here contacted me a few weeks ago and said that a Blazer was for sell up in her area. Wanted to know if I was interested. I said I am hooking my trailer up now and going to the bank and I will see you in a few hours. Here is what I found when I arrived.
The old guy had this rig setup for camping, hunting and fishing. He kept it up at his house on Lake front property in the mountains. The doors shut with 2 fingers so I think the 63k miles is original. Gun racks , fishing pole racks, cb radio with dual whip antennas, stereo with 12x20 box speakers behind seats. GM spotlight, mud flaps, tow hitch, dog rack on top of hickey tanks, full brush grill guard , 16" wheels and a ice chest bolted to the console lid with cup holders. Just fits a six pack inside it. The drivers visor is stuffed full of maps. I am starting to like this one, I might build it. needs rust repairs. not sure yet.
I bought this 72 CST Blazer a few weeks ago and did some more investigating on the spare tire carrier and the roof rack. They are both Hickey Enterprise parts. I knew the dual gas tanks in the bed are the HE. The spot light has a GM plack on it.
Lisa is a local in Chester by Lake Almanor and knows these truck and owns several suburbans . the owner of this K5 gave her the keys to it and said sell it . She handled the whole sale and helped me load it on my trailer and then sent me the title in the mail. Thanks again Lisa for everything you have done to make this happen. I will see ya when you bring the back seat, wheels and original covers and air cleaner to me!
Attached Images

a1vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote