View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 02:23 AM   #223
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

ahh the lack of updates. see, what happened is, it got warmer here and we have new kittens who arent allowed outside yet, or in the garage. so instead of working with the garage door closed and the door to the house open (letting the ac permeate) I have been instead working with the house door closed and the garage doors open. when I got the big fan from under the welding table I forgot the big chunk of 11ga leaning against it and it fell on my foot, turning three toes the most impressive shades of purple. my wife, who likes to play the part of a contrarian to any assertion I make, disagreed that the smallest one was actually broken, and was not impressed by my limping and groaning about so slight an injury. so to show her up in fine style I hobbled around like a sandbagging cripple faker until I absentmindedly kicked the training wheel on the youngest childs new bicycle, breaking the little toe for absolute certain this time. all part of my master plan, says the wife.

I did manage to go to the swap meet this weekend. despite passing up two verifiable deals right away (more on that later) I had a better time than this guy was likely to. everyone in the oncoming lane was flashing their lights so I slowed down, and he came cruising by. luckily he realized his mistake, no scary aftermath. click for vid.
IMG_9781 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

so the first deal I passed up was a 55-59 GMC shortbed for $250. no fenders, but it had a nice GMC tailgate and my next truck is a GMC. wrong year but I could have made it work. still kicking myself. the second was a rusty 41 cab with a nice rear window diecast piece and winshield regulator for $250. those two parts are $350 on ebay. but I need another 41 like a hole in the head.

I did get a nice GMC 4 bar grille and a 64-66 chevy grille for $20 each.

54836421728__A1C2332C-FF66-4361-86C3-AF5FEB9B35BB.JPG by Joe Doh, on Flickr
54835869850__7A6CD2CA-07C0-45C1-A9D2-A1F3D84DB600 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

then another friend called with the door I was missing from the next project
IMG_9782 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

and he had a 55-59 tailgate too but it was missing a piece and he wanted the whole king ransom for it.

20180519_185306 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

too much for what I needed anyway. if anyone knows of a 47-53 GMC tailgate or even a 55-59, I could use a bird dog. I would trade for the beautiful chevy gate.

until my toe stops throbbing I think I am out of the game. maybe my wife will really give me something to cry about.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote