View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #17
FirstOwner69

Re: vehicle build date question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceman1968 View Post
Yes Jim. The D is for December.
1 thru 0(zero) for January thru October, N for November and D for December. You can see the other dates on your Protecto o Plate are for the end of November. Nov 30th on your engine assembly, Nov 20th on your rear axle and 328 is the Julian date for your Trans which is the 23rd of Nov. (1968 was a leap year)
The R is for Rochester and the Chevrolet bowtie is the makers mark.
Thanks for the info.

Incidentally, part of the reason I posted my Protect-O-Plate is that my dates are pretty similar to his, and I'm wondering if the OP's is also a Fremont truck since he's in California. As I've said in some other posts, I contacted Chevrolet soon after I purchased my truck in 1969 to ask why my CST was missing some CST options (specifically, deluxe and lighted side markers, headliner and cargo light). The response was that my truck was a mid-December build and those options were added a week or 2 later. Unfortunately, I don't recall the exact date they said my truck was built but think it was Dec.12th or 13th.

Perhaps this will help the OP zero in on his build date, especially if his is a Fremont truck. His dates appear to be a week to 2 weeks after mine.

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 05-27-2018 at 05:49 PM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote