View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 11:55 AM   #386
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

Hey guys, sorry for not getting an update on LS Fest up sooner, been pretty crazy lately. LS Fest was an absolute blast, I met quite a few people I've been talking with online and learned so much about the old truck. The trip down was uneventful, had the truck on a trailer, and when we went to leave on a cruise with some magazine guys I realized my clutch was slipping. We turned around and got that taken care of, didn't quite have my slave cylinder adjusted right but an easy fix. I hit a rut with the autocross portion and not matter how I drove the truck, I could not go any faster and that really got to me, oh how easy it is to get caught up in stuff like that and feel like you're not having any fun. Talked with a guy from PCH Rods the next morning and concluded that the anti-squat correction I did was causing too much lean on the front end so dad and I flipped em around and finished up right in time for my first run. Made a huge difference! It was a pretty tough course and the truck wasn't handling all of the transitions as well as I had hoped but man was it fun! The 3S challenge the next day was an absolute blast as well, there were mirrored courses that consisted of a drag race into a u-turn, quick chicane and then stop in the box without hitting cones. By far the most fun I've had in competition driving.

With the help from Rob at No Limit and guys at work, I have concluded that I have found the limit of the factory suspension setup. I was hoping to get more time under my belt before that point but oh well. I'll be getting some more seat time with my current setup while saving for a new front clip and coilovers. I'll try to keep the build updated along the way