View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 10:58 PM   #1
billrobbobjo

LQ4 w/ LS Luk Clutch, wont disengage

Hi, I have just put a LQ4 in my 57. I was planning on running a manual trans so i bought a ls1 clutch set up for it. Currently im just trying to get it running w/ my old running gear which was a T5 that was on my 235 before. Long story short, I get it all together w/ the new fly wheel w/ matching pressureplate with the T5 10 spline clutch disc in the middle. I adjust the linkage so its where i believe it should be almost tight at the top of the pedal. Only problem being I cannot get the clutch to disengage as I push the pedal down. I havent ran the truck yet but i thought i should be able to spin the yoke on the output shaft by hand w/ the clutch in like as if it was in neutral. Currently everything feels/ seems correct but I dont seem to have any luck of spinning the yoke. Is the pressureplate for an LS alot harder to push or does the hydraulic one move farther than the older style throw out bearing? i believe the fork should be able to handle the pressure, I have even tried using a comealong to move the fork back far enough and I cannot get it to spin with 2 people trying to spin the driveshaft.

I also have tried losing the bolts on the tranny to make sure that the splines on the input shaft were not driving the disc into the back of the fly wheel.

Any ideas? The T5 clutch disc is about 1/4 inch. The LS 26 spline disc is closer to 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick. My only last idea is that the clutch fingers have to move farther being that the disc is smaller in width because the pressureplate might need so much preload or something?
billrobbobjo is offline   Reply With Quote